Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sonic's Frito Chili Cheese Wrap is my Best Friend


I briefly lived in Texas in the 1980s, but I do not remember much about it except for discovering Frito pie there. For those of you who have not been fortunate enough to experience Frito pie, it is just about the most divine concoction ever invented. In fact, if I could choose one food to eat every day for the rest of my life without having to worry about calories, fat, and overall healthiness, I would choose Frito Pie (I'm not totally sure, but it might have something to do with the fact that my mom ate numerous bags of Frito's corn chips while pregnant with me). There are many recipes floating around for it, and people sometimes alter the main recipe a bit, but the basics consist of Frito's brand corn chips covered in chili, and then topped with melted cheese. Yeah, I know. It sounds like a heart attack just waiting to happen, but who cares? It tastes like a little bit of heaven. I am not going to spend this post discussing the different recipes or additives, whether the chips should be fresh and crunchy so that it can be eaten like nachos, or the whole thing should be baked together so that the chips soften and it needs to be eaten with a fork. I am here to talk about how Sonic Burger handles Frito pie.

I could write an entire post about how great tortillas are and that I love to wrap just about any food in a tortilla to make it easier to eat and portable, but I'll save you the boredom. I'm here to concentrate on what Sonic Burger does with the tortilla and the aforementioned, beloved Frito pie. They wrap the pie up into the tortilla. Yeah, I know! Awesome, right? The best food in the world is also portable! You can go to Sonic Burger and get one of these tastes of heaven, or you can make one for yourself at home. Click here if you want some Frito Pie recipes, or click here to find your nearest Sonic Burger. I wouldn't recommend checking out the nutrition information of the Frito Chili Cheese Wrap, although it is not as bad as one might initially suspect. It won't kill a diet, although it does not help much.

No comments: