Saturday, January 15, 2011

Starbucks' Chicken Tarragon Salad Sandwich

With Starbucks making the news recently (when are they not newsworthy?) with their new logo and legal issues with Kraft, this native Seattleite is inspired to discuss one of my favorites on their menu. I fondly remember visiting the location near Pike Place Market when I was a child. This was before there were blenders, cookies, breakfast wraps, and all of those things. I remember when Starbucks was solely for coffee, and it was less of a coffee shop and more of a store to buy your coffee beans and coffee related machines to take home and brew your own joe. When business and growth took off in the 1990s, I was a little annoyed and somewhat worried that they were selling out. I just wanted coffee, man! But like the rest of the world, I was sucked into their new business strategy and now fully enjoy their more diverse menu.

My favorite addition to Starbucks' food menu is their Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwich. Tarragon is not a flavor I normally find myself enjoying, however it perfectly compliments the chicken and goes well with the cranberries sprinkled throughout the sandwich. Whenever I am slightly hungry and buy one of these with the intention of just eating half and saving the other half for later, I am never able to stop eating it, and I end up demolishing the entire thing in one sitting. It is filling enough without leaving its eater feeling grossly full, and it is decently healthy, too. But you don't have to take my word for it, click here to read about it on Starbucks' website.

No comments: